Here are some new pictures from my 5days'travelling round Germany. I should mention, they are ordered backwards. That is, the picture of our youth hostel room should be last, and the train pic first. Anyway, I just want to give you an idea of what I did and saw. I've visited Dresden - that was first. It is a very pretty city. The Frauenkirche was closed for renovations or something over the winter. Otherwise I think we would have gone inside. But we did spend a while in a cafe right next door! On the way back to the station I took that picture of the Martin Luther statue with the Frauenkirche in the background. Then to Munich and seeing the famous castle, Neuschwanstein. Marvellous setting. We made a day trip out of Munich to Salzburg, and spent some time at Mozart's birth house. Not to mention visiting the park and fountain which feature in the Sound of Music - I think during 'Do Re Mi'. Later we walked up the hill which overlooks Salzburg. Salzburg was my favourite, I think. And last of all I managed to see my old exchange sister and her family. That afternoon we also visited Dachau - therefore, the picture of the gate, 'Arbeit macht frei'. I think it was important to see. It is such a grey place, very stony and quiet. But in the last few days there have been beautiful sunsets and the moon's been bright too. Then I thought about the juxtaposition of human wrong and beautiful nature... Unfortunately we didn't have enough time before the museum closed, to see everything.
That night we dined at the HofbrÀuhaus. The train I caught back to Hamburg the next day was direct Munich to Hamburg! It took 5 and a half hours on one of the faster trains. That means I practically spanned the length of Germany within a school day! Wishing all of you well,
-Livy
No comments:
Post a Comment