Tuesday, January 13, 2009

How dare I not mention...

My visiting my sister. I went to see R between Christmas and New Year's. She lives in a state of Germany basically under mine. But we're both in the north-western region. Of course, my sister's back home again in Oz now. But she explicitly asked if I would mention her! Ha ha.

Well, I also went to see Alina. Those of you from school will remember her. That was the first night, and Anna and Fabi came for the night too. We went to see the movie Australia together. Elise, I thought of you when we had brekky the next morning. I joked to Alina's mum that I knew their breakfast table rather well. That is, because I had phoned you while you were breakfasting at that very table. Later that day we all met up with my sister and her host family. That was at an ice-skating rink in the middle of an old coal factory complex. It was strangely beautiful.

That night I stayed at R's. We went to the disco... something different for me. Actually, it was my first time at a disco in Germany. It was sort of fun, especially with Backstreet Boys music! Would you believe it, I travelled on an Autobahn at around 160 km/h! Needless to say I'm not condoning high-speed driving. I could hardly believe it. That was on the way home from the disco, and a friend of R's host sister was driving - not me. The following day we travelled into Essen together with the S-Bahn. My sister and I can have some good fun together. And I'll be seeing her again soon... Next photos to be uploaded to my blog are of our time together. Wait with baited breath!

No comments: